Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A Stab at DIY

Today is so perfectly sunny and breezy. I had a couple of projects floating in my head that I couldn't pass up on a day like today.


I am moving to another apartment in July, and though I will be upsizing in space for my bedroom AND a studio for working on my art, the kitchen will be quite a downsize.

I had this old kitchen table stashed away among other junk. With a couple quick tricks, I decided to turn it into two half-circle tables that will allow for one to fit nicely in the kitchen, and the other in my room. I also bought two mirrors at Savers that were begging for an update. Here are some before and after pictures. If I am feeling even more geeked-out about this, I will even post photos of these new pieces when they are finally installed in the new space.





Above, I started to sand when I realized I needed to take a "before" photo. (I sure will miss this yard.)



Here, the two halves are drying in my small junk room, ready to be mounted to the new walls. I used a gloss finish spray paint called "Winter Grey".



These are the two faux-wood mirrors from the thrift store. I liked the look, but decided to give it a more modern feel with the matching paint color.



And finito. My mirrors will add dimension to any space, and are guaranteed to match the custom tables.


While I am still working on finishing up my most recent painting (seen in yesterday's post), I scratched the itch of channeling my creativity in another fashion that is spurred on by watching way too many home renovation TV shows. It is a rewarding feeling to see the final product.

Now I think I'll go back outside. Perhaps I will walk to the beach. I love Beverly.

No comments:

Post a Comment